Camden South Family Doctors > News > From Where Can I Get Aged Care Help

From Where Can I Get Aged Care Help

What Aged Care Help Can I Get

For most people, growing older means there are times you find it difficult to manage day-to-day living activities. You may need help, or you may be caring for a family member or a friend who needs help, but you just don’t know where to start or what help you can get.

There are different types of aged care services to support you, whatever your needs. When you call My Aged Care, our contact centre staff will ask you questions to help us understand your needs.

My Aged Care helps you

My Aged Care helps you find the information you need about aged care services.

This can be as simple as calling the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 or reading the My Aged Care website My Aged Care provides you with information about:

– Different types of aged care services.

– Eligibility for services.

How we understand your aged care needs and help you find local services to meet your.
 needs – you are able to select your own service provider.
Costs of your aged care services, including fee estimators.

To help you find the right services, the contact centre will ask for your consent to create a personalised client record. A client record holds up to date information on your needs and any services you receive. The client record will reduce the need for you to retell your story to the contact centre, assessors and service providers.

Staying in your own home

There are many different services that may support you to stay in your own home for longer, including:

– Help with housework:
– Help with personal care such as bathing and dressing:
– Help with meals and food preparation:
– Help staying physically active:
– Social support and activities:
– Help with transport:
– Nursing care:
– Allied health support such as physiotherapy, podiatry or a dietician:
– Maintenance and modifications to your home:
– Goods and equipment to help you:
– People you can talk with through counselling services:

The My Aged Care website has been established by the Australian Government to help you navigate the aged care system. My Aged Care is part of the Australian Government’s changes to the aged care system which have been designed to give people more choice, more control and easier access to a full range of aged care services.

My Aged Care is made up of this website and a contact centre. Together they can provide you with information on aged care for yourself, a family member, friend or someone you’re caring for. You can call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422 between 8am and 8pm on weekdays and between 10am and 2pm on Saturdays. The My Aged Care contact centre is closed on Sundays and national public holidays.

You can expect My Aged Care staff to be polite, helpful and knowledgeable and to provide:

Prompt, reliable and confidential services
Clear information, which can be made available:
In languages other than English if you speak another language and need an interpreter:

In other formats if you have hearing difficulties or a vision impairment:
Help to find Government-funded aged care services
Prompt resolution of any complaint or concern you have with My Aged Care.

Aged Care: